"Book is not self-consistent"

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Wed Dec 12 06:11:20 PST 2012

Hi Framers:
I am getting this message
"Book is not self-consistent"
Upon generation of indexes and TOC of an unstructured document (9,350 pp).
I have found Verner's post of 2009 in which he claims that all he had to do
was to "disable track changes" to solve the problem.
This did not work for me.  I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.
The Adobe forum opines that this is a result of a circular referent within
the document so that FM can never catch up with the indexing.
I have looked for all such possible solutions, but am still getting the same
message.
Any help appreciated.
Rob Shell
Windows Seven