"Use Condition Indicators setting is inconsistent"

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:10:44 PST 2012

Sorry, Shmuel, but this is not correct.

In the first case you describe, the message you would see is something like "Show/hide rules are inconsistent".

The second case that you describe is not an error condition and does not produce any warning message. There is absolutely no requirement that all the components of a book must have the same set of conditions defined. I have many books where the generated files and certain "boilerplate" files that are common to multiple books contain *no* condition definitions while some of the component files have a dozen or more conditions. Requiring identitcal condition sets would impose unreasonable restrictions on the ability to use shared files in multiple books.

What the message in question actually means is that there is at least one condition that is defined in two or more files where the *indication* options (the text color and underlining/strikethrough options and/or the "use condition indicator" toggle) are not identical. The message is warning you that the same condition may be highlighted differently (or not be highlighted at all) across all of the files in the book. The issue is easy to fix by importing the conditional text formatting properties from one file to all the other files in the book.

-Fred Ridder