Madcap Flare vs Framemaker

laura at lavadome.net laura at lavadome.net
Mon Dec 17 00:42:52 PST 2012

 Hi all

 We are a small tech pubs department (2 of us) who currently use Word
 for our documentation. We mainly publish to PDF, but use RoboHelp for a
 very small help system. Ideally we’d like to use single-sourcing as much
 as possible moving forward, and add more online help to our
 documentation suite.

 We are looking to move away from Word to a tool better suited for
 technical publications. At the moment we are considering MadCap Flare or
 Adobe FrameMaker.
 We’ve done a general search for pros and cons of both (we have used
 Frame extensively in the past), and have installed the latest versions
 of both. We are interested in hearing if any other writers have
 experiences that might help us make the right choice!

 If anyone has used Flare and gone back to Frame, or has any other
 insights that might help us, please do get in touch.

 Many thanks
 Laura