Madcap Flare vs Framemaker

Keith Soltys keith.soltys at tmx.com
Mon Dec 17 05:50:58 PST 2012

I used Flare for about six months before moving back to FrameMaker and WebWorks ePublisher.

I found that Flare was overly complex and hard to write in and took a lot more tweaking than MadCap's promotional videos would lead you to believe. Web-based output was good and fairly easy to set up but PDF output was not nearly as good as FrameMaker's.

If you are used to working in Word, take a look at WebWorks ePublisher. I think most Word users would find the transition to FrameMaker easier than the transition to Flare and with WebWorks you can use both Word and FrameMaker files to generate help.

Regards
Keith

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail, including all materials contained in or attached to this e-mail, contains proprietary and confidential information solely for the internal use of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or otherwise and ensure that it is permanently deleted from your systems, and do not print, copy, distribute or read its contents.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ Le présent courriel, y compris tous les documents qu'il contient ou qui y sont joints, renferme des renseignements exclusifs et confidentiels destinés uniquement à l'usage interne du destinataire prévu. Si vous avez reçu le présent courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser immédiatement, notamment par retour de courriel, et vous assurer qu'il est supprimé de façon permanente de vos systèmes; veuillez également vous abstenir d'imprimer, de copier, de distribuer ou de lire son contenu.