Madcap Flare vs Framemaker

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Dec 18 08:47:03 PST 2012

Using the phrase "one of the 'keeper' releases" seems like agreeing
with me that FM has gone downhill.

FM steadily if slowly improved from 1998 to 2007 (5.5.6 to 8). Adobe
completely screwed it up with version 9 (2009) and is still trying to
recover lost ground as far as stability and usability. I use 10
because it's what' my company bought but If I had an FM 8 CD I'd use
that instead. 11 sounds like an improvement but mostly because it
fixes features that were broken or removed in 9.