Tables in rotated text frames unselectable?

Christoph Korsmeier christoph.korsmeier at werktext.eu
Tue Dec 18 21:35:13 PST 2012

Hi everybody,

I've designed an FM10 masterpage with a rotated text flow (90° ccw).
(The client wanted to accomodate large landscape tables in a portrait document).

Now when I apply this rotated masterpage to a body page, the tables on it can only be selected "whole", e.g. I can't select single rows, cells, or text inside them.
This is the same in structured and unstructured documents.
I can select single row, cell and text elements using the structure view, but nothing otherwise.

Is this a known bug in FrameMaker 10?
Am I missing something else?
Can anything be done to get it to work properly?

Best regards
i. A. Christoph Korsmeier

Tel.-Durchwahl: 022 41 - 942 43 - 12
E-Mail: christoph.korsmeier at werktext.eu