Merge Dictionaries Broken in FM 10?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Feb 7 15:49:23 PST 2012

Problem solved! I eventually found the answer to my own problem. The
dictionary file that imported fine had lines ending with both a carriage
return and a line feed. The file that wouldn't import had lines ending
only in a linefeed. When I turned on hidden characters in Notepad++, it
was clear why one file was rejected.

I note, however, that the added.txt FrameMaker dictionary file that
results ends in linefeeds only. FM apparently needs the CR to import the
dictionary file, but strips it out when it writes the dictionary file
itself.