Merge Dictionaries Broken in FM 10?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Mon Feb 6 10:25:44 PST 2012

The dictionary merging feature seems to be broken for me. In the
spelling checker dialog, I used Dictionaries> Personal Dictionary>
Import Dictionary to import a dictionary. It replaces whatever personal
dictionary is in place, as expected, and works fine.

I have a second file of new words that I would like to add to my
personal dictionary, but when I use Dictionaries> Personal Dictionary>
Merge from File, the words are not added to my personal dictionary. A
dialog pops up, allowing me to specify the file to merge, but after
specifying the file, nothing happens and no error message displays.

In both cases, the dictionary file is a plain text file with
"<MakerDictionary 3.0>" on the first line, each word on a separate line,
and hyphens in appropriate places.

Does anyone else see this behavior? Is it a bug, or am I doing something
wrong?

(Using FrameMaker 10.0.2.419 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit)