Footnote counters within multi chapter documents not being respected?

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Wed Feb 8 23:11:34 PST 2012

Dear Framers:
I recently merged single chapter files into volumes, thus, for example,  one
volume may contain 8 chapters.
However, I now cannot get FM to set each chapter's footnotes to start at 1.
Thus each chapter would have its own flight of footnotes.
I am using the document numbering dialogue box
And "setting" the footnote number to one. However, no luck. FM accepts the
call, but does nothing with it,
I notice that there is an option to number Table footnotes as well. But
Table footnotes only apply to the table itself. i.e. the table footnotes
will always start at one.
Perhaps I have misunderstood the notes in the manual.
There should be something like a footnote counter....

Windows 7, FM9.0p255

Rob Shell