Cross-reference oddity in FM 9

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 12:02:20 PST 2012

Hi All,

I am having some trouble getting character formatting to read through in a cross-reference. The challenge is that the character formatting is part of the trademarked product name, so we do need the single letter i at the end of the product name to always appear in italics. I have it working fine in the variable for the product name, but the one thing I can't seem to figure out is why it only shows default paragraph font for the x-ref, unless I include a char format tag in the x-ref definition...which then applies the char tag to the whole building block...but the single italic i is just one character within the building block.

Is there something that I am missing, or is this impossible to do in the way I'm attempting? I have attached a sample file stripped of all but the relevant formats involved with this issue, if someone could please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Rene L. Stephenson