Structured FrameMaker 8: Table Design Issues

George, Brenda (CAI) BGeorge at federatedinv.com
Wed Feb 22 06:13:16 PST 2012

I am working in Structured FrameMaker 8 with FrameMaker templates that embeds into a table a 2 pt vertical line that separates 2 columns of data when an xml file is imported into the template. These templates were created by another person, and I am trying to embed this vertical line in another template and can't figure out how to do it.

I noticed that the following xml markup - rule="yes" - needs to be included in order for the vertical line to appear in the table. The markup looks like this:
<columnhead rule="yes" colspan="2">

If I remove the rule="yes" from the markup, the line does not appear in the FrameMaker file that is built from the imported xml file.

What do I need to do so that this vertical line appears in the table flowed into the template that I have created?

Brenda George
Desk: (724) 720-8491
bgeorge at federatedinv.com

Unless notified to the contrary by the sender, the recipient should
consider the contents of this message including any attachments to
be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have
received this message in error, please contact Federated Investors
immediately by forwarding this email to notify at federatedinv.com and
then delete this message from your system. Saving, copying or
disseminating an inadvertently received email could violate state
and Federal privacy laws. All emails received by or sent from
Federated may be provided to regulators or law enforcement
agencies, or used for other purposes consistent with Federated's
business interests. Thank you for your cooperation.