Keyword extraction tool

MamaRed Knight jerilynne.knight at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:31:29 PST 2012

Totally agree with Richard on this one (hey there Richard!). I made the
mistake of thinking it was too expensive and kept using other tools for a
while. WIth a client requirement in tow, I purchased it and it paid for
itself the first time through!

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Combs, Richard
<richard.combs at polycom.com>wrote:

> Linda Burn wrote:
>
> > I’m looking for a tool that I can run on my FrameMaker 9 source files
> > that will extract frequently used terms (to help with indexing,
> > glossary, terminology consistency).
> >
> > I’ve found some Web-based tools and AntConc (seems to work on .txt
> > files best) but nothing that I can use on my .fm source files.
> >
> > Does FrameMaker have any internal tools that can do the job? Or is
> > anyone using an external tool? (hopefully something open source ☺).
>
> There are several FM plugins that can help. I strongly recommend IXGen. It
> greatly simplifies indexing and can be very useful for related tasks such
> as you're contemplating. It's not free or OSS, but it will pay for itself
> in the time you save indexing your first book. Check out its features and
> functions at fsatools.com.
>
> Richard G. Combs
> Senior Technical Writer
> Polycom, Inc.
> richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
> 303-223-5111
> ------
> rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
> 303-903-6372
> ------

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/jerilynne.knight%40gmail.com

love and light, hugs and blessings

<http://www.mylivesignature.com/>
MamaRed Knight
coach | speaker | strategist | geekette

igKnighting passionately powerful possibilities™ <http://mamaredspeaks.com/>

and
helping women be so SELF-ISH they transform their
world<http://theselfishformula.com/>

P.S. Are you SELF-ISH enough? Then its time to get that way, because the
folks in your world need you to live your gifts and share your unique
message.

Let's connect  <http://www.facebook.com/mamared>
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/mamared>
  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jerilynneknight>
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/mamared>
   <http://twitter.com/mama_red> Twitter <http://twitter.com/mama_red>

Let's talk: [image: Skype] mamared2002 | 203.MAMA054 (203.626.2054)