Ann: Keyword extraction tool > Finalyser TERM CHECK

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Sun Feb 26 12:25:19 PST 2012

Hi Linda,

there is Finalyser TERM CHECK (for FrameMaker 10, Word 2010, InDesign 5
and higher) - the new Terminology Check Platform.

You can generate all unknown word, phrases, abbreviations, ... and you
can organize stop word central in a excel-database (default) or in other
database (additionally).

Great is to check thru FrameMaker, new in Word and soon in InDesign too,
all values thru the central database with one click.

More information:

http://www.finalyser.de/en/finalyser-term-check.html

You can test it with a trial - send me an e-Mail.

Finalyser Basic is free - download Finalyser Basic and
the collection of plug-ins and ExtendScripts: http://bit.ly/f08YRt

-          Georg

Question:

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a tool that I can run on my FrameMaker 9 source files
that will extract frequently used terms (to help with indexing,
glossary, terminology consistency).

I've found some Web-based tools and AntConc (seems to work on .txt files
best) but nothing that I can use on my .fm source files.

Does FrameMaker have any internal tools that can do the job? Or is
anyone using an external tool? (hopefully something open source J).

Thanks for your help,

Linda