Ann: Getting graphics out of a file | hard coded path names for imported graphics and x-refs > Collection of Plug-ins and ExtendScripts

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Sun Feb 26 12:42:59 PST 2012

Hi Lynn,

Hi Meg,

please feel free to download the trial version of Finalyser:
http://bit.ly/f08YRt

With Finalyser you will get a collection of very efficiently Plug-ins
and ExtendScripts for FrameMaker 10*:

+ export copied images

+ book transfer (re-reference images, archiving all files of a book)

+ and many more, see:
http://www.squidds.de/en/products/squidds-produkte/toolbox-for-framemake
r.html

Or see: http://ig5authoringtools.com/finalyser/ or
http://ig5authoringtools.com/toolbox/

*) Finalyser is the newest collection of the famous TOOLBOX Packages
since FrameMaker 5

SQUIDDS is vendor of TOOLBOX and Finalyser.

-          Georg (Adobe Certified Expert)

Question:

I have a bunch of FrameMaker files with embedded graphics that have been
converted from MS Word.  Because all those embedded screen shots make
for one gangly file, I'd like to be able to extract these graphics and
have them as referenced files.  Is there an easy way to do this
(preferably all at once)?

Thanks,

--Lynn Gold
Information Developer
IBM, Santa Clara, CA

Question:

Hi all,

We're using Frame 10 and doing unstructured books.

We have source files out on a network drive, but we do often copy the
files to our local machines so that we can work remotely and offline on
them.

So now I have a book out on the network drive that somehow is
referencing images on c:\dic\mybook\userguide\images\button.jpg instead
of \images\button.jpg.  A similar thing has happened to some of the
x-refs in 3 of the chapters.  We are getting specific references instead
of relative references.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this behavior is happening? or how
to fix it without having to open each chapter file and repoint the
graphic directory?

I think I'm most conserned about understanding why it is happening, so
that I can tell our team how to avoid this problem.

thanks,

meg