Frame 9 buggy - Frame 10 as bad? Frame 11 on horizon?

Gay Alson GALSON at epicor.com
Wed Jan 4 14:33:35 PST 2012

Hello Framers,

I use conditional text a lot.  A LOT.  Frame 9 seems to crash on a
daily, sometimes hourly, basis. Others in my department haven't
experienced this behavior, but don't use conditional text like I do. The
".recover" files drive me crazy because I always feel I should compare
them to the source .fm file, but even FM warns against using .recover
files. And of all the times I laboriously made comparisons, I found
exactly once when the source doc was missing something in the .recover
file.

Anyway, I'm not really writing to vent, more to ask if Frame 10 is any
better when it comes to conditional text - my brief research leads me to
believe 10 fixes a lot of the problems in 9 but introduces new ones. So
this may be a case of the known devil...

There's a possibility we can upgrade soon, but now I'm wondering if we
should wait another year (?) till FM 11.  Frankly, I lobbied so long and
hard to make the move from Word to FM (7.2) but ever since upgrading to
9, I've regretted it.

Parenthetically, we're also curious about the output to various versions
of online help in 10.

Any opinions or experiences you care to share will be received with
interest and thanks.

~~Gay

_____________________________________

Gay Alson
Senior Technical Writer
Epicor Retail
www.epicor.com <http://www.epicor.com/>
Tel.: (514) 428-2116
Fax: (514) 426-0824
E-mail: galson at epicor.com <mailto:galson at epicor.com>

2800 Trans Canada Highway, Pointe Claire QC H9R 1T1

<http://www.epicor.com/Industries/Retail/Documents/printpdfinvitation12.
pdf>

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Le present courriel est envoye a l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser immediatement l'expediteur et supprimer ce message. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire vise, nous vous informons que toute utilisation, divulgation ou distribution de cette communication est strictement interdite sans la permission prealable de l'auteur. Des precautions ont ete prises afin de reduire au maximum le risque de transmission de virus informatique, mais nous tenons a vous conseiller de proceder a vos propres verifications antivirus de toute piece jointe a ce message. Aucune responsabilite ne sera assumee a la suite de toute perte ou de tout dommage causes par des virus.