How to use some characters of 'symbola'

Michael Böhme boehme at gmx.de
Mon Jan 9 06:15:38 PST 2012

2012/1/8 Jeremy H. Griffith <jeremy at omsys.com>

> >What exactly I have to do, to insert my steam locomotive?
>
> Good question.  You can copy/paste from somewhere that
> shows them, like Word, but since they are invisible in
> Frame, they will be hard to work with.

Thank you.
Now I hoped I could insert my steam locomotive symbol, see it as a '?'
during work with FM9, and than the Acrobat distiller inserts me the right
symbol. But, unfortunately, the distiller crashes with:
%%[Page: 36]%%
Symbola not found, using Courier.
%%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: xshow ]%%

Stack:
[184 366 163 163 354 361 396 356 271 223 0]
(
)

Under 'Preferences'> 'Font folders' is the right folder containing
Symbola.ttf already included (c:\Windows\Fonts\).

Also, when I try to print a short Test-Word-File containing and correctly
showing some symbols from Symbola.fft, I get an error message during
printing to Adobe PDF:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
Symbola not found, using Courier.
%%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: show ]%%
Stack:
-file-
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I afraid my font installation is not quite correct. But what to do now?

Michael
running Vin Vista 32