How to make it possible to fix copy paste from Word into FrameMaker 9 ?

Michael Pearson michael.t.pearson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:52:11 PST 2012

Hi Bjorn,

You need to edit the "ClipboardFormatsPriorities" in the FM9 maker.ini
file, typically located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\FrameMaker9.

By default, the line should read:

ClipboardFormatsPriorities=FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB, BMP, MIFW, MIF,
RTF, UNICODE TEXT, TEXT

In your case, you probably want to change it to:

ClipboardFormatsPriorities=UNICODE TEXT, TEXT, FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB,
BMP, MIFW, MIF, RTF

Be sure to back up the maker.ini file before you modify it, just in case
you need to revert.

HTH,
Mike