Recommended graphic file format for single-sourcing from Frame to Robohelp?

Mon Jan 16 08:49:17 PST 2012

Shmuel Wolfson wrote:

> Why is SVG better than WMF or EMF? I don't like embedding Visio files,
> so I save as WMF and insert the WMF. It seems to work fine and keeps
> the
> lines perfectly sharp (since WMF is partially a vector format.)
>
> Is there a good reason to switch to SVG?

WMF (Windows Metafile Format) is fine for vector graphics if you work strictly in a Windows environment and your deliverables are print/PDF. But for web pages and most forms of online help (including Windows CHM help, IIRC), WMF has to be converted into something more browser-friendly.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom