Remove structure from flow

Wim Hooghwinkel wim at idtp.eu
Wed Jan 18 00:08:58 PST 2012

Yves,

I think when removing structure from flow that's exactly what happens: the
structure is removed and formatting stays as it is. So any overrides created
by the EDD will remain override, but formats are not created. Creating the
formats would be a manually process (or invoking the 'create and apply
formats' menu option) after removing the structure.

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Wim Hooghwinkel

NLDITA Tools 2012 – April 2012 in Utrecht – Tools and best practices for
Authoring, Managing and Publishing

NLDITA Information Energy 2012 – june 2012 in Utrecht and Ghent – DITA and
topic based information development

tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
info at idtp.eu
www.idtp.eu
www.nldita.nl

FrameMaker support: framemaker at idtp.eu

Hi group

Does anyone know how paragraph formats and character formats are created
and applied when you choose Special > Remove Structure from Flow? I don't
think the EDD is used in this process, is it? Although... I can find some
paragraph tags in the EDD, I also see "auto-generated" tags, for example
p1, p2, p3 etc. for <p>.

Also, is there a way to change/control this element-to-paragraph mapping?

Thanks

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu