FrameMaker 10 workspaces and access to panels

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Fri Jan 20 19:12:24 PST 2012

On 1/20/2012 11:29 AM, Andy Smith (WFL) wrote:

> Does anybody know if it is possible to tell FrameMaker 10 allow me to
> use all the panels in one single workspace?

I'm not aware of a command that can do it, but you can create a
workspace that will do it with a click or two.

1. With a document open, click on the workspace dropdown (in the upper
right-hand corner) and choose Save Workspace. Give it a name, such as
"All Panels."

2. Open all the panels you want. You can find them under View> Toolbars
and View> Pods. You'll probably also want to open the paragraph,
character, and table designers: Ctrl+M, Ctrl+D, and Ctrl+T (with the
document window in focus, or the shortcuts won't work). You might want
to add Ctrl+F for the Find/Change dialogue. There are probably others, too.

3. In any case, once you open the dialogues that you want, click on the
workspace dropdown again, and choose Save Workspace again, and give it
the same name. (The reason we saved before opening the panels was so
that we didn't change the layout of whatever workspace you were already
using.)

Now, if you want all panels open, just click "All Panels" in the
workspace dropdown.

Mike Wickham