FM + CMS + SMEs w/o $$$?

Jack DeLand jackdeland at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 12:03:30 PST 2012

John,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply and kind offer.  To answer your question, the SMEs would not be able to publish to user docs; I am the sole owner. We (developers and I) do all have access to XML editors, and this may be the push I need to finally “go structured”.

We do a lot of work with Federal clients and others who for reasons of security do not have access to the Net, and for that reason, web-based solutions such as wikis would not reach about 20-22% of our user base.  Internal documentation is another circumstance and one that I can’t go into.

I’ll do some cogitating about the structured route.  It makes a lot of sense, and now would be a perfect time to do it.

Regards,

Jack DeLand