Copying large data sets into tables

Andy Smith (WFL) andy.smith at wingedfeet.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 06:23:03 PST 2012

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a quick way of copying large sets of table
data from a Word doc into a FrameMaker 10 table?

I've tried copying straight from the clipboard (Windows 7) but FrameMaker
reports "No table cells on the clipboard." I'm guessing that this means that
FrameMaker is expecting to be pasting from one FrameMaker table to another
FrameMaker table. I've also tried copying via Notepad but I get the same
result.

Surely there must be a way of importing table data from outside of
FrameMaker.

Any ideas?

Andy W. Smith
Winged Feet Ltd.,
Technical Writing, Documentation and Copywriting Services,
Hemel Hempstead,
England.

Please do not use the registered office address for general correspondence,
instead please phone or email for a postal address.
Registered Office: 83 High Street, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 3AH.
Winged Feet Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 3622021