Copying large data sets into tables

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Mon Jan 30 12:47:54 PST 2012

Hi Andy

If it isn't a complicated table layout, just convert it to paragraphs in Word, paste the text into FM and convert it back into a table.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> On 31/01/12 at 03:23, "Andy Smith (WFL)" <andy.smith at wingedfeet.co.uk> wrote:

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a quick way of copying large sets of table data from a Word doc into a FrameMaker 10 table?

I've tried copying straight from the clipboard (Windows 7) but FrameMaker reports "No table cells on the clipboard." I'm guessing that this means that FrameMaker is expecting to be pasting from one FrameMaker table to another FrameMaker table. I've also tried copying via Notepad but I get the same result.

Surely there must be a way of importing table data from outside of FrameMaker.

Any ideas?

Andy W. Smith
Winged Feet Ltd.,
Technical Writing, Documentation and Copywriting Services,
Hemel Hempstead,
England.

Please do not use the registered office address for general correspondence,
instead please phone or email for a postal address.
Registered Office: 83 High Street, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 3AH.
Winged Feet Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 3622021

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.