Copying large data sets into tables

Writer generic668 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 30 12:54:46 PST 2012

Something I've done if the tables are not too complex in structure is:

In Word, convert the table to text.
Copy the data, and then paste it into FrameMaker.

In FrameMaker, select all of the data, and convert text to table.

Nadine

>________________________________

sets of table data from a Word doc into a FrameMaker 10 table?

>I've tried copying straight from the clipboard (Windows 7)
but FrameMaker reports "No table cells on the clipboard." I'm guessing
that this means that FrameMaker is expecting to be pasting from one FrameMaker
table to another FrameMaker table. I've also tried copying via Notepad but I
get the same result.

>Surely there must be a way of importing table data from
outside of FrameMaker.

>Any ideas?
>

>Andy W. Smith
>Winged Feet Ltd.,
>Technical Writing, Documentation and Copywriting Services,
>Hemel Hempstead ,
>England .
>
>Please do not use the registered office address for general correspondence,
>instead please phone or email for a postal address.
>Registered Office: 83 High Street ,
Hemel Hempstead, Herts ,
 HP1 3AH .
>Winged Feet Limited is a company registered in England
and Wales
with