Unstructured to Structured: why do it manually ?

Jang F.M. Graat jang at jang.nl
Thu Jul 5 12:13:35 PDT 2012

Lisa,

I am just wondering: what are the exact circumstances why you could not use conversion tables?

I have just finished a huge conversion project where manual work (except for the manual correction of details in the structured outcome) was simply NOT an option due to the sheer volume of the documentation. So I had to solve ALL problems that got in the way of automatic conversion. I wonder which problems might still exist that I did not encounter. I am preparing a series of blogs on this topic plus a presentation at tcworld in Wiesbaden this fall, so I have a keen interest in anything that seems impossible to automate in this domain.

Cheers

Jang

JANG Communication
Coaching - Copywriting - Consulting