Single sourcing in the new TCS3

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Jul 24 12:54:40 PDT 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:36:21 -0400, Katelyn Cummings <krc at terrasim.com> wrote:

>I work for a relatively small company, and unfortunately I am relatively
>new to both RoboHelp and FrameMaker. My company wants to switch to
>having our online help and our user's manual to be essentially the same.
>They have thought about using the single sourcing available in TCS2.

You might also have a look at the alternatives to RoboHelp,
which include Mif2Go, ePublisher Pro, and Madcap Flare among
others.  Robo is not your only choice, or IMHO your best.

Mif2Go has been integrated well with Frame since FM 5.5,
and fully supports every version since, including the new
FM11.  So it has a much longer track record with Frame than
Robo does, in addition to being far more affordable at
$295 per seat.

It works on Windows from NT, 2K, and XP to Win 7, and on
other OSs (like Mac) if you use a Windows VM like Parallels.

It produces the best Word output around, which is very
handy for sending review copies with Track Changes enabled
to others in your company who don't have Frame but use Word.

It produces all the Help formats, from WinHelp on up, with
MS HTML Help, JavaHelp, Oracle Help for Java, Eclipse Help,
and open-source cross-platform Web help, OmniHelp.  If you
ever need to go to DITA or DocBook, or plain XML, it makes
those very nicely from Frame documents and books too.

You can obtain a free unlimited demo version of Mif2Go at:
  http://mif2go.com
You need to create a free account to access downloads and
Forums; put something Frame-related in the bio so we can
distinguish you from the spammers who keep trying to sign
up every day.  ;-)

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/