FW: finding character format overrides & converting to paragraph tags

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:55:37 PDT 2012

FM 10 has find paragraph and find character overrides as a selection in the Find/Change dialog. It's a new feature.

from:http://blog.globalizationpartners.com/8-ways-unstructured-framemaker-10-helps-translation.aspx

"Many unstructured FrameMaker documents have unwanted or
unnecessary format overrides to paragraphs, character selections
and tables. The Find/Change menu now has the
ability to search for Paragraph Format Overrides,
Character Format Overrides and Table
Format Overrides. In the example shown below, a search for
Character Format Override has located an item in a bulleted list
that has a "dead" character tag, "CF 12 pt HVY" applied to it.

[graphic deleted]

This is typical of character styles that are artifacts from
older legacy documents were converted from Microsoft Word to
FrameMaker. In this case, clicking on Change will
remove the format override."

Craig