Unresolved X-refs with conditional text

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Fri Jun 8 11:45:01 PDT 2012

Hi, all.

I've just inserted a lot of conditional text into multiple files in a book. I'm using FM 10 in a Win 7 environment.

When I update the book:

1. The Book error log file lists multiple unresolved cross-references.

2. I click a link in the log to go to the broken xref. FM jumps to the correct chapter but doesn't land on a link. Nothing is highlighted. Every link on the page works.

3. I use Find/Unresolved Crossreferences to search within that file, but nothing turns up.

4. I use Create List of Unresolved Crossreferences at the book level; that file is empty.

I have two questions:

1. Anybody know what's going on?

2. Do I dare ignore this -- figure it's an artifact of conditional text -- but since all the links I've tested on the targeted pages WORK, maybe I can just ignore these stupid error messages? I'm under the gun to get this done.

I could just go ahead, create the PDF, and manually click all links in all pages indicated in the original error log . . .

Thanks for all insights.

--Nancy