Multiple Columns

Robert Leif rleif at rleif.com
Mon Jun 11 15:42:23 PDT 2012

To: Stuart Rogers et al

Many thanks it works. Evidently my starting with an 8.5" x 11" and or a
legal/page left something when I changed format. I have been using
FrameMaker 10. I believe that I had done a change from letter to two columns
wide previously with FrameMaker 9 and previous versions without any problem.

I will now have a professional looking poster.

Thanks again.

Bob Leif

>From Stuart Rogers:

"Robert,

Can I infer from your reference to FM 9 that you are currently working

in FM 10?  It's always helpful to the rest of us if you are as explicit

as possible in describing your setup and the steps you have followed

that resulted in a problem.

It sounds like either the setting of balance columns to 'no' did not

stick, or your pgf tags' pagination is set to 'across all columns.'

It's also not clear what you mean by "cannot increase the width of the

page", because you start out by saying that you did so.

Myself, I would start out with File > New > Document > Custom and set

the page up from that dialog box, rather than opening a blank letter

size document and trying to change the defaults.  I just followed that

process and had no trouble (FM 10.0.2.419, Win 7/64).  Balance columns

worked as expected, and deselecting it also worked.

Perhaps more step-wise detail of what you have done will help us

diagnose your problem.

Best,

--

Stuart Rogers