FM 8 on Win 7 x64 - Installation error - flash.ocx not part of Windows 7

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Tue Jun 12 20:09:13 PDT 2012

I realize that there are known problems using FM 8 on Win 7, but it’s what I have available at the moment, and I only need to work on a few small documents for a few days on this particular machine.

At the conclusion of the installation, the Windows Program Compatibility Asst. reports that “the program requires flash.ocx, which is no longer included in this version of Windows.” When I click on the option to seek a solution on the Web, I get “go to Adobe for support”. When I click on that, I get the installation page for the current version of Flash Player, which is already installed on this system.

Does having this version installed fix the problem? Does anything fix the problem? If I’m not using flash in any FM docs, does it matter?

Thank you kindly,
Elchanan