Adobe Community Forums and Obtuse website

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Jun 19 10:57:10 PDT 2012

On 19/06/2012 1:46 PM, Writer wrote:
>> Now was that so hard? ;-)
>
> Maybe not hard, but somewhat obscure. Personally, I think the link
> label should be Support, not Help. Especially since it links to the
> Support page.
>
> Scott, I get your frustration. Not necessarily with the Adobe site
> because I don't really use it, but certainly with other vendor
> sites.
>
> Nadine

One of the teachers of my tech-writing courses used to say, "If the user
can't find it, it's not there."  Meaning that it's up to us TW's (and
those darned Web designers) when we design/write/index, etc. to approach
always from the users' perspectives, expectations, and vocabularies.

I'd be looking for Support, too -- Help (to me) implies help with the
Web site, not the products.

s.

--
Stuart Rogers