Adobe Community Forums and Obtuse website

Tue Jun 19 11:29:00 PDT 2012

Stuart Rogers wrote:

> On 19/06/2012 1:46 PM, Writer wrote:
> >> Now was that so hard? ;-)
> >
> > Maybe not hard, but somewhat obscure. Personally, I think the link
> > label should be Support, not Help. Especially since it links to the
> > Support page.
<snip>
> > Nadine

<snip>
> I'd be looking for Support, too -- Help (to me) implies help with the
> Web site, not the products.

Hey, I'm not defending Adobe as having the best of all possible websites, and I agree that it would be nice to have a link labeled Support, since people have come to expect that.

But the OP suggested it was unusable, couldn't find the forums, couldn't find the support pages, and became "incensed, frustrated, and extremely angry." I too hadn't visited Adobe.com or needed support in quite some time, and it took me just a few seconds to find two ways to get from the home page to the forums in a couple of clicks. One of them merely requires you to find the word "Forums" in what's clearly a set of navigation links.

Here's another way: Type "forum" in the Search box at the top of the page. A list of suggested matches appears; the first one is "Adobe Online Forums."

And I just spotted a couple more: Below the heading "Learning" (2/3 down the page on the left), there's a "Check out Adobe Forums" link. And below the heading "Help" (to the right of that), there's a "Product help and support centers" link.

I humbly suggest that if you can't find Adobe's support pages or forums from its home page, you need to brush up on your Internet browsing skills. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom