FM9 does not support helvetica font (any workaround)

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Tue Jun 19 12:53:40 PDT 2012

I think Amita is saying that his Helvetica doesn't work for him.
Unfortunately, as Dov said, there are lots of Helveticas, so no one else
can test this for Amita without knowing exactly which Helvetica Amita is
having problems with.

Amita, it would be helpful to know in what way FM9 appears not to
support your font. Operating system would be useful here too.

It's not unusual to have problems in Frame with "soft fonts", fonts that
appear to install along with the installation of a printer, and which
subsequently work (and sometimes don't) only with that printer. Check
first to make sure you really have the font installed. Check by going to
your system fonts folder (probably Control Panel/Fonts). Just because it
shows up in Frame's list of fonts doesn't mean it's installed.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type
www.pegtype.com