Importing Math Equations from Word 2010

Orly Zimmerman orlyz at marvell.com
Wed Jun 20 01:40:19 PDT 2012

HI All,
We have math equations that we get from the engineers in MS Word docsuments.
We usually need to copy these equations into our unstructured FM files for the customer.
We're currently on Win7 OS and FM10.

-        When we copy equations from Word docs (that were created in Word 2003, then saved as Word 2010), into FM (Special Paste>Embedded Object), then all is fine and you can double click the equation, open it and continue to edit as a Word object if needed. I'm assuming these equations were written using Math Type or Equation Editor 3.0

-        However, when we import equations from Word files originally created in Word 2010 (it seems Word has its own equation editor), then when importing (Special Paste>Embeded Document Word Microsoft Object ) into FM, then we get loads of question marks and H's as opposed to the equation. If we double click on the equation, it opens properly in Word 2010. Saving the page as PDF shows only the question marks.

Using any of the other special paste options turns the equation into an image.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the equation to show properly in FM?

Thanks,
Orly.
Orly Zimmerman, Marvell Israel - Technical Communicator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: orlyz at marvell.com<mailto:orlyz at marvell.com>
Office: +972.3.9703440 - OnNet: 705.3440
Fax: +972.3.9704908
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.