Transitioning FrameMaker from Mac to Windows: fonts

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 23 09:56:40 PDT 2012

Sometime later this year I'll be moving from FrameMaker 7.2 on Mac (in Classic) to FrameMaker 10 for Windows running under emulation on a new Mac in either Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

Clearly this will lose FrameMaker's access to my font library in Classic, but I am constrained to work with designs that use specific fonts, and I don't want to have to buy them all over again. Most of my fonts are Ps Type 1, not OpenType or TT.

Is there anyone who has gone through this pain who can advise me? I've got TransType, but I've never fond its results to be very reliable, and it probably violates font license agreements anyway. Or do Parallels or Fusion have some sort of magic for resolving this issue?

--
Steve