Transitioning FrameMaker from Mac to Windows: fonts

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Sat Jun 23 15:13:08 PDT 2012

I prefer Parallels, but you should check out both.

What fonts do you currently use in Frame for Mac? You might have no choice
but to purchase a new set of fonts.
I agree--be careful with TransType Pro--a great program, but triple-check
the font license.

Dave Creamer
IDEAS Training
http://www.ideastraining.com

*************
Sometime later this year I'll be moving from FrameMaker 7.2 on Mac (in
Classic) to FrameMaker 10 for Windows running under emulation on a new Mac
in either Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

Clearly this will lose FrameMaker's access to my font library in Classic,
but I am constrained to work with designs that use specific fonts, and I
don't want to have to buy them all over again. Most of my fonts are Ps Type
1, not OpenType or TT.

Is there anyone who has gone through this pain who can advise me? I've got
TransType, but I've never fond its results to be very reliable, and it
probably violates font license agreements anyway. Or do Parallels or Fusion
have some sort of magic for resolving this issue?