Transitioning FrameMaker from Mac to Windows: fonts

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sun Jun 24 14:16:42 PDT 2012

Steve

I have just been through this exercise. From 7 to 10.

I have installed Win7 on the bootcamp partition and am using VirtualBox
to run Windows as a virtual machine. I normally I run Windows through
Virtual Box, but bootcamp provides a real hard disk into which I can
start up Windows if I want. Virtual Box allows me to share printers,
network connections and other services, meaning I don't have to go
through the pain of setting them up in Windows (doing it with a Mac is
so much easier for me).

I am happily running FM10 without any issues, so far. Have also tested
FM10 fairly extensively in both modes (structured and unstructured) to
satisfy myself it will provide untroubled service.

Virtual Box is a free download. Parallels and VmWare are not. I used to
run Parallels and got sick of the all too frequent upgrades that
required more bucks to be paid to them. VMWare is a good, solid product,
but so is Virtual BOx.

Alan

--
AlphaByte