Transitioning FrameMaker from Mac to Windows: fonts

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 02:59:54 PDT 2012

At 15:13 -0700 23/6/12, David Creamer wrote:

>I prefer Parallels, but you should check out both.

Yes, true. I think there are some comparative reviews on line.

I'd be interested in knowing the reasons for your preference, but maybe offline as it's not directly relevant to FrameMaker.

I just got a hint from something I read online that one or other of these applications had the ability to make Mac fonts available to the hosted Windows applications, but maybe I misread.

>What fonts do you currently use in Frame for Mac?

Regularly, about ten serif and as many sans fonts in various standard designs, but overall my font library has some 800 fonts.

>You might have no choice but to purchase a new set of fonts.

Erk. Bummer.

>I agree--be careful with TransType Pro--a great program, but triple-check
>the font license.

Quite.

--
Steve