how to italicize every instance of certain words

Laurie Little llittle at words-tw.com
Tue Jun 26 11:02:54 PDT 2012

Couldn't you just use variables? You can include character formats as part
of the variable definition. You could keep a Frame file with all the
variables and import them into documents as required.
Laurie

<lurker but glad to hear Rick's surgery was a success - I was surprised to
receive a personal phone call from him in response to a question I had
posted several years ago, was always impressed by that>

At 14:13 -0600 25/6/12, Carol J. Elkins wrote:

>Framers, I'm looking for ideas on how to ensure that certain words and
phrases in a document are always italicized whenever they are used. Perhaps
someone knows of a script that will do this.

> If not, I'll ask Rick when he gets back on his feet. Ideally, there would
be an external master list of the words to be italicized.

>Restrictions: I'm not willing to do a search/replace operation every time a
working document is revised. And I'm not willing to do anything more than
type a word in the working document for it to be recognized as needing
italics. Although I have Silicon Prairie's Autotext add-on, I don't think
that it does what I need.