best use of graphics in FM

Sharon Burton sharon at anthrobytes.com
Wed Mar 21 07:15:50 PDT 2012

What this co-worker is creating are unmaintainable documents. When they need
to be edited for the next version, it's going to take someone hours and
hours to change out one graphic that appears in 8 places. Days to edit the
copied text. The cost of making one small change to these documents can be
measured in hundreds of dollars. 10 minutes of changes become 3 days of
changes.

I don't know if you have supervisory status in this situation, but a process
and Best Practices must be put in place. When running my own company and
when docs manager, I put these in place, trained the writers in them. After
that, anyone who created unmaintainable documents was fired. By me. Happily!

sharon

Sharon Burton
Content Strategy Consultant
951-369-8590
New book "8 Steps to Amazing Webinars" available on Amazon and BN.com
www.sharonburton.com
IM: sharonvburton at yahoo.com
Twitter: sharonburton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sharonvburton