FM10/Acrobat X hypertext link problems

Maggie Yeong maggie_yeong at springsoft.com
Wed Mar 21 02:59:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just upgraded FM7 to FM10 (10.0.2.419 version), and Acrobat 6 to Acrobat X, and found that the hypertext links (which worked well in Acrobat6) within the same book are broken in Acrobat X. However, the cross-book hyperlinks work well in Acrobat6 and Acrobat X.

I have 3 book files which contains cross-book hyperlinks and hypertext links within the same book. The book structure is as follows:

../book1/A.book
../book1/chapter1.fm
../book1/chapter2.fm
../book1/chapter3.fm

../book2/B.book
../book2/chapter1.fm
../book2/chapter2.fm

../book3/C.book
../book3/chapter1.fm
../book3/chapter2.fm
../book3/chapter3.fm

All hyperlinks are linked with hypertext markers (newlink and gotolink in 'Special -> Hypertext').

The cross-book hyperlink works fine. My story is:
book1 has cross-book hyperlinks to book2 and book3. To add a hyperlink from "book1's chapter1" to "book2's marker1", I add 'gotolink ../book2/chapter2.fm:marker1' in file ../book1/chapter1.fm.
When converting these 3 books to pdf files, I'll open all the book files, and print book to ps file one by one. After that, I'll use Acrobat Distiller (Acrobat X) to generate pdf files.
The cross-book hyperlink 'gotolink ../book2/chapter2.fm:marker1' will be converted, the target filename will be 'book2.pdf', and the destination name will be 'M8.8.newlink.marker1'.

The hypertext link within the same book is broken. Here is the story:
In book1, I want to add a hyperlink from chapter3 to chapter 1, so I insert the hypertext marker 'gotolink chapter1.fm:marker2' in file chapter3.fm. After conversion, the target filename becomes 'chapter1.pdf' (it should be 'book1.pdf'), and the destination name becomes 'M5.8.newlink.marker2' (it should be 'M8.newlink.marker2').

Am I missing something for the hyperlink above? Any thoughts?

Best regards,
Maggie Yeong

The information contained in this e-mail message (including any attachments) may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). Any use, dissemination, distribution, printing, retaining or copying of this e-mail (including its attachments) by unintended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, or believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately (by replying to this e-mail), delete any and all copies of this e-mail (including any attachments) from your system, and do not disclose the content of this e-mail to any other person. Thank you!