Pagination: Top of Column

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Mar 28 07:41:05 PDT 2012

On 27/03/2012 12:36 PM, Theresa de Valence wrote:
> I’m compiling many short, short stories into a book. I’d like the
> heading for the story (author + title) to be positioned in the same
> place on the page.
>
> Previously I had a master page where I had split the body text frame
> into 6 slots (3 high x 2 columns). Setting the Paragraph Tag to
> Pagination: Top of Column worked perfectly putting the author at the top
> of the next available slot.
>
> Because of confusion with bookmarks in the pdf version, I’ve decided to
> reduce the slots to 3 vertical slots. Now the Pagination: Top of Column
> no longer works to move the author to the top of the next body text
> frame. Also the Master Page usage is no longer working properly.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Theresa

Hi Theresa,

I think you've probably mystified a lot of us with your coinage of
"slots" to describe page layout.  Could you please be more specific
(using Framemaker's terminology) to describe what you are trying to
accomplish and what it is you have done so far?

best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator