Overrides - FM10

Doris Pavlichek dpavlichek at opnet.com
Fri May 4 09:51:15 PDT 2012

Hi all -

We're having some issues with overrides in FrameMaker 10. We've been
using the new "Remove Overrides" option, and we thought we were having
some success. But one of my writers removed all overrides in a document
last night and left the document open on his desktop overnight (no
reboots, locally-stored file). This morning he found that the elves had
restored all the overrides for procSpaceAfter (a paragraph format that
creates some white space after a procedure) and many other pgf formats.

In addition, if he tries to remove the override for procStepResult
(which is an arrow in Zapfdingbats), it removes the UTF transform
between dingbats and Helvetica (our default font). The only way to keep
the arrow is to leave the override in place. We never had these issues
with FM 7.x, which we just converted from a couple of months ago.

Anyone else having problems with overrides messing up UTF mapping or
magically reappearing in a file? Seems this is not a very stable feature.

Doris E. Pavlichek
Sr. Technical Writer
Remote Office/MD
dpavlichek at opnet.com