Help with conversion to webworks

Fri May 11 10:46:55 PDT 2012

Deirdre Clancy wrote:

> I am trying to convert Frame documents to webworks, which I haven't
> done before. It's a few years since I've used Frame as well (this is v.
> 9) and I used it mainly for editing already-existing documents.
>
> I am tripping up on the following instruction I'm supposed to
> implement, in relation to preparing the Frame document for conversion:
> it refers to inserting a link to a PDF. I am unsure how to set this
> link text to HTMLOnly - it is not referring to the entire document.

I'd guess that you're being asked to apply a condition named HTMLOnly. Presumably, if your FM documents serve as single source for both print/PDF deliverables and online help, there are some things that should appear in one deliverable, but not another (e.g., you wouldn't want references to "this chapter" in the help; you might want "this topic" instead).

So presumably, your FM template contains condition formats for this purpose (mine are simply named Print and Help). In the WebWorks project, you can specify which conditions to show and which to hide.

If you're not familiar with FM's conditional text functionality, you might want to read up on that.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.