Positioning Caption Under Run-in Figure

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Thu May 24 10:08:05 PDT 2012

" Ken, thank you!

To understand your description fully, I have a couple of questions.

You wrote: "The graphic numbering itself is done using a text string we named "Section Graphic Counter" located inside the small text box below the graphic (but inside the anchored frame)."

By "text string" do you mean paragraph tag? If you mean something else, I don't follow what that could be.

If "Section Graphic Counter" is a paragraph tag, did you use F:Fig. <$chapnum>-<n+> as the counter in this tag?

You wrote:

"Yet, we found that sometimes, for whatever reason, the building blocks on some counters were

Fig. <$chapnum>-<n+> (note the missing "F:" preceding the word "Fig.")

Clicking on a correctly defined Section Graphic Counter, then choosing "Update All" took care of our numbering problems."

By "in some counters" do you mean that you had various instances of the paragraph tag Section Graphic Counter that had been manually changed so that the counter did not have the "F:"?

So when you clicked one of the correct Section Graphic Counter paragraph tags and Updated All to match that one, your counting problems went away?

Thanks.

--Nancy