Reinstalling FM9 (WAS: Problems with PDF creation since Windows update)

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu May 31 07:44:41 PDT 2012

On 30/05/2012 2:58 PM, Bethany Lee wrote:

when I open a
> PDF, the PDF window goes way up above my screen and I can’t get to the
> menu, so I have to drag it from the side to shrink it down.

Sorry I can't help with the other issues, but at least, here's a trick
for handling off-screen window difficulties.

When a window is badly placed and you can't reach the title bar to move it:
1. Press Alt + spacebar to activate the window menu.
2. Type M to select the Move command.  DO NOT MOVE YOUR MOUSE.
3. Use the arrow keys to reposition the window on screen.
4. When satisfied, press Enter and resume use of the mouse.

Best regards,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator