Japan translation and dtp

simandl at mac.com simandl at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 06:34:30 PST 2012

Jacob,

Hello. For the Japanese DTP, I recommend that you use the following fonts:

Kozuka Mincho Pro (KozMinPro) (for the substitution of serif font)
Kozuka Gothic Pro (KozGoPro) (for the substitution of sans-serif font)

These fonts may be  included in the font set of the Acrobat Pro, so you
may have already installed them, and you can embed them to the PDF.

I use the FrameMaker in my office only and I'm in my home now, so
I cannot advise about the detailed settings for the Japanese composition
(Kumihan). But if you have any questions, please post them to this ML.

Best Regards,
Hirofumi
--
Hirofumi Oishi