FM 9 Blinking linked images

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Nov 20 09:07:33 PST 2012

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:41:11 +0000, Stephen O'Brien
<sobrien at innovmetric.com> wrote:

>We are several tech writers using books/documents on
>a server, containing images imported by reference (also
>on the server). Network file locking is activated. The
>network is relatively fast.
>Any ideas? Our IT people are not familiar with FM
>and have not seen this problem before. I have
>searched the knowledge base without success.

Frame has never, ever, worked right with network
drives.  This really should be in the KB, but
I guess they don't want such features known, at
least before purchase.  :-(

Alter your workflow to copy the docs and graphics
to a local drive, and work on them there.  Same
problem with RH, and possibly other TCS components.

Some may say it works for them, but they are a
small minority...

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/