Powerpoint to FrameMaker

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Nov 27 08:37:11 PST 2012

On 26/11/2012 5:40 PM, Combs, Richard wrote:
> Pat Christenson wrote:
>
>> I have material in Powerpoint (text and graphics) that need to be
>> transferred to FrameMaker 9.

> If you want to reuse the text and graphics, but not as they appear in
> the PPT slides, you'll probably have to cut and paste. But you might
> experiment with saving the PPT file as HTML. If nothing else, that
> should give you the graphics as individual files, and that may be
> both more convenient and better quality than if you copy/paste them.

If you have the later versions of Powerpoint that save as .pptx, you can
access the original graphics with this method:

1. Save as .pptx (if it's not already in that format).
2. Close Powerpoint.
3. Rename your file.pptx to file.zip. (Dismiss the warning.)
4. Unzip the file.  Several folders will be created.
5. Open the "media" folder to see all the graphics.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator