Confluence 4 export: the one feature that would justify myupgrading from FM10

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Nov 28 08:15:34 PST 2012

MindTouch and Confluence both let you reuse content on a static,
ad-hoc basis, comparable to FrameMaker text insets, but there's no
management of versions, branches, and so on, so if you have a lot of
versions for a lot of products it would be very time-consuming and
thus expensive to maintain.

I figured out a kludge to handle versions and topic (page) sharing
across versions in MindTouch, but I'm happy the powers that be decided
it was too expensive to implement.